Codman Academy's 2013-2014 Student/Family Handbook.
The Parent Council meets the second Tuesday of every month at 6pm. All parents/guardians are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Family involvement plays a key role in helping students to be successful in school, to develop character and be of service to others. We are committed to building strong partnerships among home, school and community. The school emphasizes an induction program for new parents to the school.
Codman Academy Charter Public School ensures the creation and maintenance of an active Parent Council that will meet regularly to advise the school on matters of policy, program development and evaluation, and communication between home, school and community. The Parent Council will also play an advocacy role and will share the responsibility for student success with the school.
Below are some examples of activities that Codman Academy Charter Public School offers to engage families:
- Orientation sessions for prospective parents
- A model one-hour intake interview with all new parents
- Welcome dinner for all new parents
- Membership in the Parent Council
- Quick response to parent questions and/or requests
- Individual parent/teacher conferences
- Workshops on the school’s curriculum
- Workshops on College Admission and Financial Aid
- Opportunities to participate in cultural activities
- Access to Saturday courses
- Parent Recognition Awards