Students experience a challenging and engaging academic life at Codman designed to fully prepare all graduates to complete higher education.
- Curriculum: Students encounter a single, rigorous curriculum at Codman. All core academic courses are Honors. As result, GPA's are weighted. There is little variation in course type or level.
- Class Time: Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-5:00PM; Saturday Program 9:00AM-12:00PM; Physical education classes: Monday-Thursday, either 7:15AM-8:15AM or 5:00PM-6:00PM.
- Fieldwork: As an expeditionary learning school, Codman's curriculum is rich with fieldwork experiences. Every Friday, students engage in on or off-campus fieldwork designed to allow students to explore learning through real world experiences. As part of Humanities fieldwork, all 9th and 10th grade students participate in a full day drama program at the Huntington Theatre two times each month through the Codman-Huntington collaboration. Click here for curriculum examples, featuring over ten learning expeditions.
- 10th Grade Passage Portfolio: To be promoted to the 11th grade grade, students must engage in a portfolio assessment process that simulates the tasks and processes they will be asked to perform during the 11th and 12th grade. Students present their passage portfolio to a panel comprised of faculty, students, and a family member.
- 12th Grade Graduation Portfolio: The goal of this portfolio is to have students engage in a rigorous multi-level, multi-year investigation process. Upon completion of the written work, students present their portfolio to a panel comprised of faculty, students, and a community member.
- Internships: Students complete multi-week internships in the 11th and 12th grade.