Grading Rubric for Saturday and Wellness classes
Students receive letter grades for Saturday and Wellness classes. All students must earn a C- to pass. Students will be evaluated on the following criteria:
“Early is on time. On time is late."
- Arrives on time and ready to learn
- Attends all classes with a positive attitude
- Wears uniform consistently (including Codman P.E. uniform)
- Brings all required materials to class
- Engages actively in coursework
- Focuses on assignments and stays on task
- Works well with others
- Respects teachers and classmates
- Practices accountability and sportsmanship
- Demonstrates growth over time
Effort and Work: 20%
“When your effort exceeds your talent...that’s when you are striving toward greatness.”
- Exhibits exemplary work ethic
- Demonstrates outstanding knowledge, skills, leadership and/or service
PE/Wellness Class Independent Study
Students wishing to fulfill their PE/Wellness class outside Codman (minimum 4 hours per week) may petition for a PE Independent Study. The PE Independent Study must be pre-approved by the Wellness Director and Principal and shall include a description of the class including hours, skills to be learned, type of physical activity, qualifications of the instructor and any other pertinent information. Determination of Codman credit for the course will be made each trimester by the Wellness Director after a completed student evaluation from the designated instructor has been received.
Saturday Courses Independent Study
Students wishing to fulfill their Saturday course outside Codman (minimum total 30 hours) may petition for a Saturday Independent Study. The course must be pre-approved by the Dean of Enrichment and Executive Director and shall include a description of the course, learning targets, qualifications of the instructor and any other pertinent information.